office expressions.

musings from my experience at the home/office.

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

No Mas

I have journeyed down to the.land.of.cubicles four times in the past two weeks, and I'm officially drawing a line in the sand and saying, 'NO MAS!'!! I just can't do it anymore.

That's 400 round-trip miles added to Pedro the Laredo's odometer, and 400 round-trip miles added to my third trimester road weary body. I actually think I experienced my first braxton hicks contractions on one of those drives, because sitting in the driver's seat for that long simply was not comfortable.

I'm also starting to get a little paranoid about how close my belly is to the steering wheel, and often find myself thinking through 'what if the air bag went off?' scenarios...and then say an extra prayer for safety as I hit the road. Short legs and a big belly aren't exactly conducive to keeping a safe distance from the wheel these days!

I've got less than a month to go until the due date, so I should be able to manage everything for werk from the home office from this point forward. Including mid-day waddles around the neighborhood and my soon-to-be weekly pre-natal appointments!

this isn't me...but it might as well be!

1 comment:

  1. Jill, I think it's wise to draw the line in the sand. Your co-workers and supervisor should certainly understand. As you said, you're available by phone of computer. That should be sufficient.

    I'm very excited for you as the "due date" approaches. You and baby are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete