office expressions.

musings from my experience at the home/office.

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Part-Time

Well, my first 9 weeks of life with baby...virtually uninterrupted by thoughts or communication from werk...is slowly coming to an end. My incredible boss is allowing me to resume life as the.home.werker at a graciously slow pace, however. I'm returning to werk part-time for the next 6 weeks. So I'll put in about 20 hours a week, from home, and continue to enjoy my flexible routine of nursing/cuddling/playing with our sweet babe the rest of the time.

A few things I have experienced that I always heard other moms talk about but never understood:

-the incredible endless flow of laundry. We used to go two or three weeks without doing laundry...now it's almost every other day.
-it's really hard to find uninterrupted time to do creative things like write blog posts. For example...during this post I have already stopped three times...once to check on baby, once to use the facilities, and once to bring Jake his phone so he could take a super cute picture of something super cute that baby was doing.
-cold food is a new normal...hot meals are a thing of the past. As is sleeping for 8 uninterrupted hours at a time. Because if baby doesn't wake up hungry, mama wakes up needing to use her breast pump so she can continue to sleep comfortably!
-you will never know how deeply and completely and unconditionally your capacity to love is until you have a child. it humbles me and energizes me every day to see her smilely little face and know that I'm her mama. It's simply.the.best.


1 comment:

  1. Jill, one of the things I love about you is your honesty. My goodness, you handle everything so well, taking it as it comes.

    I wish you the best as you begin to take on some of your werk (for pay). It's wonderful you'll be able to werk at home and not put baby in a day care center. I'm proud of you!

    ReplyDelete