office expressions.

musings from my experience at the home/office.

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

SOLD!

Yep, that's Mom and Dad's house in Blaine, MN...and it was sold yesterday!!
I have mixed feelings about this for a few reasons. 
#1: It's the nicest house my parents have ever lived in, and the fact that they built it means it was pretty much their dream house. Especially that open living area with the gorgeous view from the screened in porch. I hope the next owners enjoy that as much as we did!
#2. While I never lived here, it's the first house that helped me understand the meaning of 'home'. "Home is where your mom is" has become fairly true over the last three years. It was so wonderful to have my parents included in the reasons to travel to and from MN more often than we should. I will miss having them there when I visit!
#3. I'm happy that this house sold, so that my parents don't need to live apart for much longer. They can move on and start putting down deep roots in their life and ministry in New Jersey, and I know they are very thankful to begin looking beyond this period of transition. 
#4. As someone raised in Bucks County, PA, I'm not sure I will ever call New Jersey 'home', just because my mom is there...but I will try! Besides, visiting parents who live close to the beach can't be all bad, right?! (hurricane Irene, I am not talking about YOU). 
#5. As the.home.werker, I'm pretty confident I will be able to werk from New Jersey as easily as I could from Minnesota...so that helps a bit, too!


No comments:

Post a Comment