office expressions.

musings from my experience at the home/office.

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Steve Miller

Do me a favor. Press play on the video and listen to the song while you read:).

In 8th or 9th grade, my class took a trip to Baltimore's inner harbor. We spent time at the aquarium and I'm sure some other historic places...but my clearest memory of this trip is listening to my brand new and first ever 'classic rock' cd on my Discman...it was a copy of the Steve Miller Band's greatest hits that I bought at a flea market. While 'Fly Like an Eagle' was not my immediate favorite song on the album, the lyrics come back to me from time to time. Especially this one: time keeps on slippin, into the future!

As I look at my calendar on this first day of March, I am feeling anxious, a bit overwhelmed, and not sure where to start. I have two full months of werk remaining, and once the month of May begins, I need to be ready to go on maternity leave at moment's notice. It's so exciting, but so difficult to figure out how to get my ducks in a row sometimes.

Earlier this week I sorted through my inbox and deleted a bunch of old emails I'd never need. Now I feel I must go through my desk and my files and do the same...before I forget why any of the things I've saved are important to me.

It's time to get a grip on the days I've got left and make a plan, before they slip away from me into the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment