office expressions.

musings from my experience at the home/office.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Wish in one hand, Crap in the other.

I am thankful for this blog because it has become many things to me, like a brain break in the midst of email storms, an outlet beyond the four walls of my home office, and occasionally for my friends who also read this blog...a topic of conversation. I am also thankful for this blog because it has forced me to be a little more transparent with how I really feel about important things like: the way our mail lady slams the lid of our mail box, the beauty of the internet, the trap of hotel conference room chairs, and why I'm a reform(ed)/(ing) nail biter. Writing a blog can teach you a lot about yourself.

I also recognize that this could become my secret dumping ground for every negative thought I have about werk or co.werkers, but I try very very hard to refrain from that, and most days I'm successful. Venting is not healthy, it is just negativity breeding more negativity, and slowly your smelly bitter feelings begin to rot you from the inside out. I know, I was totally there when I werked for the newspaper. It.was.gross.

I've even had a few people tell me that I'm funny and they enjoy my writing, which is extremely humbling and to be honest...only encourages me to throw another b-log (post) on the fire. Haha, ok, corny joke. Have I mentioned yet that my sense of humor tends to rival that of a 70+ year old man? (Hence Grumpy Old Men and Grumpier Old Men are still my all time favorite movies!)


I find it interesting that I have started every paragraph with "I" so far...and blogging tends to be a little egocentric at times. I guess that's just what happens when you create a blog about a your own situation, give it a cute background and a semi-naughty little name and get comments about it. Right?

Another interesting thing is that occasionally I have the 'stats' portion of the blog tell me that someone from Singapore is reading this blog...who are you?! I have a pretty good guess at who is reading this in Germany and the UK (but again, who are YOU?)...but Singapore? Interesting. Or rather, what is interesting about this blog to you?...I'd seriously love to know! :) (Shameless plug for more blog comments, here) (Another shameless plug for more blog followers, here).

That's it, I'm finished blogging about blogging. Happy Hump-Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment