office expressions.

musings from my experience at the home/office.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Gray

Today is the first day with a gray sky in a long time here in Denver. It just doesn't happen very often where the gray just sits over the city. So, in honor of my more overcast childhood in Pennsylvania, I have donned not only a sweatshirt and slippers, but I have also turned on the Beethoven Pandora station this morning. It's hard to believe it's September 6 already, and I know I need these gray days to remind me that cooler weather is on it's way to Colorado.

We boast over 300 days of sunshine a year here, and the 'colorado blue sky' is a real novelty...there's actual science behind it...something along the lines of "at higher altitude there are fewer particles blocking the sun and so everything seems more vibrant".

It's beautiful, but like I said, gray days tend to make me a little nostalgic and remind me of my childhood in the northeast where the seasons seemed to share four equal parts of the year. They fit perfectly into the dictionary definitions of winter, spring, summer, and fall. Arriving when you expect them to, and leaving when you are ready.


No comments:

Post a Comment