office expressions.

musings from my experience at the home/office.

Friday, September 9, 2011

Water Water Everywhere

Well, yesterday I went to hop in the shower around 3:30 in the afternoon...(home.werker style), and I noticed the water wasn't on in our house. I called our water company to see if there were any outages in the area, and the operator asked me to look outside and see if there were any trucks on our street. As I looked out the front door, I heard a pleasant trickling sound, like a mountain stream.

The kicker? The stream was pouring out the front of my house!! The operator sent an emergency maintenance crew to our house just as Jake was getting home from class. I also called our landlord, and they dispatched a plumber to come and take a look at the situation. Boy was I glad Jake was home to talk to those guys, I don't know much about plumbing or the small creek pouring out of our crawl space!

They managed to get our water main turned off, but the bigger problem is...our water main is broken!This morning I have already had two plumbers come to survey the mess and get estimates to our land lord. So far, it's either a quick fix that happens today (including jackhammering up our front porch 'slab') or a big fix that happens on Monday (which includes digging up the entire line in our yard and replacing the whole thing). No water until Monday?! Hm....could be interesting.

I am very thankful for our land lord and how responsive they have been to the entire situation. I am also very thankful that I am not the home owner who has to pay for this mess right now.
My water supply for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment