office expressions.

musings from my experience at the home/office.

Thursday, June 16, 2011

12 hours

Well, today is a longer and lonelier day than usual. Jake has his clinical in the hospital today, which is really exciting for him for lots of reasons. For me, it's a long day home.werking, and trying like the dickens to figure out why Lexi is barking at the door, only to take one step outside and come right back in. We have done this at least 6 times now.

Currently, there is a large thunder cloud over our house, so she's just going to have to wait that one out before I'll sit out there with her as her golden-retriever-security-blanket. Or at least that's what I think she thinks as I am. See? 12 hours alone with a slightly ADHD golden and mounds of computer based work will make you start thinking your dog is part human. Good thing I've got a journey to the.land.of.cubicles. coming up in the near future. However...

I love my dog. (She is worried I am going to make her go outside alone...see the anxiety in her little face? No? It's there, I promise.)


She has more personality than most people I know. ;)

2 comments:

  1. Lexi reminds me of my granddog, Brian - Heidi's dog, who is also a Golden. I think they have great personalities. Brian is terrified of storms and fireworks. Perhaps Lexi heard thunder in the distance?

    I enjoy your blog very much, Jill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Donna! Lexi has super-sonic hearing, so sometimes I do think she is hearing thunder before we do. Lexi is quite an emotionally complex dog, but I can't imagine my life with her...I am beginning to think we will always have a golden in our lives if we can!

    ReplyDelete