office expressions.

musings from my experience at the home/office.

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The 3 hour Tour

Yesterday I found myself rolling down 1-25 toward the.land.of.cubicles at 7am, bracing myself for two full days of software training. Not exactly the most exciting start to the week, to be sure!

Training started at 8am, so I was there before 8, ready to get the show on the road. Only to learn that the original meeting request had been changed to begin at 8:30, which really meant 9am because it was a Monday morning. We all know that it's better to ease into Monday mornings whenever possible.

After 3 hours of a very high level overview of the software, we were informed that the training was complete and we could stick around for lunch, but other than that we were free to go. OK?! I was able to attend my once-monthly-in-person team meeting and head on my happy way back up 1-25 to the home office. So, that werked out better than expected...again, I'm thankful I didn't have to fly into town from out of state for this. I'm pretty sure I would feel differently about the outcome of the 3 hour training...

Because my search for a funny photo having to do with today's post didn't surface much, how about this?

No comments:

Post a Comment