office expressions.

musings from my experience at the home/office.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

White Board

I need a white board. I am a visual learner, and all of these sticky notes to myself are starting to become counter-productive. Instead of reminding me of the important things I need to do, there are so many that I am becoming overwhelmed with what to do first for which project. 

In the Land.of. Cubicles, I had it all mapped out and in front of my face every day. I even purchased special-super-skinny-cute-colors of dry erase markers so I could fit more on my board with the finer point marker. It was a road map of my projects, 1-3 months at a time and it kept me on course. 

It also served as a brain dump/mind map of sorts, where I could draw lines between ideas and processes and everything made sense. People even would ask me to 'go to the white board' on a regular basis in meetings, because just talking things through isn't always the best way to communicate with people. Sometimes, you have to draw it out. And as a lefty, artist, and someone who loves using visuals, white boards are just the best. 

Now I just have to find a white board that can hang over the back of my guest room door and be easily taken down when I have overnight guests. Next stop: The Container Store.
Something like this would actually help me feel more focused, believe it or not!





No comments:

Post a Comment