office expressions.

musings from my experience at the home/office.

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Back to IT!

I admit, I am really distracted these days. My apologies for the irratic blog posting I have been doing. Between my newest addiction: Pinterest, the upcoming holidays, having good friends in town, and trips to and from the.land.of.cubicles...life has been full!

Today I am overly indulging in Pandora and a lovely little station of Christmas carols I have crafted for myself. I am sucker for the traditional Christmas hymns sung by Perry Como, Bing Crosby, and a bunch of new artists I am discovering thanks to Pandora. Grandma got run over by a reindeer and any sort of boy band Christmas album simply is NOT on my list of favorites.

I love the songs that have that rock solid, classic, traditional warmth and glow to them. O Holy Night, Silent Night, It Came Upon a Midnight Clear, and the like are what remind me of the Christmas story and the awesome memories I am blessed to have from growing up on 421 Merion Drive.

Every Friday after Thanksgiving we would pick out a tree, and the decorating could NOT begin until Perry Como and Amy Grant's Christmas CD's were loaded into the sound system. Or until each kid had their bag of ornaments that mom and dad had given to us over the years...or we had made in Sunday school...or in my case, in the basement with my hot glue gun, sequins, and used foil from the cheese steak dinner we just consumed. (It's a BEAUT, I'll tell ya! :) )

Ok, enough distractions for one day, but don't get all scroogy on me and tell me it's too early to be listening to Christmas music. Thanksgiving is next week and we all know Thanksgiving is basically the gateway to Christmas...so, Merry Tuesday, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment