office expressions.

musings from my experience at the home/office.

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thankful

"It is not happy people who are thankful. It is thankful people who are happy."

I love the meaning of this quote, simply because it is so true. There is a song from from my childhood that includes the lines "Count your blessings, count them one by one. Count your blessings see what God has done!". This year, I have many blessings to count, and here's a small list of them I thought I'd share!

1. A stable and well paying job, that is also fulfilling. I pinch myself sometimes when I think about where I'm at in my career and how fun it has been to get here!
2. A job that gives me the flexibility to werk from home. I have a much clearer focus in my home office environment, and make powerful use of my time at the.land.of.cubicles when I get there a few times each month.
3. My office companion, Lexi. I am thankful she's braved her fear of my office and keeps me company most days. It would be pretty lonely without her.
4. Paid time off! Tomorrow and Friday will be a blast with family, friends, and yummy food. Lots to look forward to, especially as we get the house ready for Christmas.
5. Skype dates with my MN family...I love sneaking them into my days, it makes the distance between seem so much shorter! I can't wait to snuggle and play with my nephews this Christmas!




No comments:

Post a Comment