office expressions.

musings from my experience at the home/office.

Monday, November 28, 2011

I am not a gym person.

A few months ago I posted about needing to be more active, joining the gym, going during the middle of the day 'because I could', blah blah blah. Well, the.home.werker has not been to the gym since April, and it was high time to put a stop to that madness. After waiting on hold for ten minutes, I was able to speak to someone about cancelling my gym membership...at which time she went on a 5 minute rant about putting my membership 'on hold' for up to 12 months for only $9.99/month, saving me my activation fees for whenever I wanted to rejoin...seriously? I know their job is to keep their customers and it's all in the upsell, but why would I pay $9.99 for a service I didn't use when I was paying $34.99 a month for it?? Come on people.

My afternoon power walks with Lexi are much more enjoyable than logging hours at the gym, and with Colorado weather being consistently gorgeous most of the year, it just felt like a waste to spend time exercising indoors...when I could be outside exercising both myself and my dog.

Why did I go from April until November with no visits to the gym, while paying my $34.99/month? Well, on the off chance my all-or-nothing personality decided one day to become a gym rat, I hated to remove the option from my exercise choices. This is the second gym membership I have done this with, so I think it's safe to say, I am not a gym person. Maybe if we ever move back to MN some day I could be, during those long winter months.

But then again, I'd rather get an elliptical or treadmill and throw it in an inconspicuous place and get my werk.out in at home. Go figure;).
You don't get views like this at the gym!

No comments:

Post a Comment