office expressions.

musings from my experience at the home/office.

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Head Cold

Well, the 2012 Werk Year has begun, and I'm doing my best to hold on for dear life. Being 5 and 1/2 months pregnant with a nasty head cold isn't exactly the most energizing way to leap into a new year, but I'm fighting the good fight! And with the help of OJ, vitamins, and gallons of water, I think I've got the edge on this thing.

Nevermind my deep scratchy voice on conference calls, or my incessent need to blow my nose. One of my pet peeves when I werked in the.land.of.cubicles was hearing other people blow their noses at their desk.
#1. Because I think the sound of a nose being blown sounds like a squirt from a can of almost empty whipped cream. Gross.
#2. I could imagine the cartoonized version of their germs jumping of the walls of their cubicle and into mine, scurrying towards me with reckless abandon.
#3. I said a silent prayer that they were responsibly wiping down their hands and desk with sanitizer after each blow. The.land.of.cubicles is unfortunately a giant petri dish during the respiratory season.

At least now I can drink gallons of water (and make countless trips to the bathroom), blow my nose, and sneak in a nap after my lunch of noodle soup (I hate the chicken that comes in canned chicken noodle soup...bleh). I've got a strategy for this cold nailed down...now onto my werk projects for 2012. There's this thing called 'maternity leave' that keeps popping up whenever I think I'm making progress, but that's a good problem to have! :)

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about the cold, but think the image shown is hilarious. Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete