office expressions.

musings from my experience at the home/office.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Really?

A recurring theme on this blog: the concept of a mute button, and how and when to use it properly.
I am currently listening to a very large meeting, with lots of people calling in, presented by our Sr. VP. And so far, 19 minutes into the meeting, he has had to stop the meeting at least 3 times to request folks on the phone to use their mute button. Seriously, folks, when in doubt, MUTE!

In other events, yesterday I was on a call and one of my co.werker's dogs was chewing loudly on a squeaky toy in the background. She could not stop laughing at her dog or making excuses for her dog preventing her from hearing the conversation on the call. To quote one my favorite SNL skits...Really?




No comments:

Post a Comment