office expressions.

musings from my experience at the home/office.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Senioritis

I was just telling some co-werkers about how Jake is almost finished with school and we're beginning to look into our future and wonder what life will be like this May. Jake will be graduating, we'll be adding a baby to our family, and we'll be on the job hunt for a nursing position for Jake during my maternity leave. It's hard to believe all of the stuff that will be happening at once some times, but so exciting!

My co-werker said it sounds like Jake and I have 'senioritis', a terms that describes the decreased motivation toward studies displayed by students who are nearing the end of their school careers. This is definitely starting to become more true in some ways for me at werk. I am at a point with a lot of my projects where I need to be mapping out a plan for February/March/April, so that I can feel as though I'm going on maternity leave without too much hanging in the balance.

Just when I feel the motivation decreasing is when I need to put a plan in place to get me through the next few months without losing focus. What's that cheesy quote? "...if you fail to plan, you plan to fail!"



2 comments:

  1. You had the worst case EVER of senioritis in High School - started right about Labor Day if I remember right! I wish I had written down all the reasons you gave dad and I about why you shouldn't have to go to school each day..... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom! I remember the moment my senioritis started in high school. I dropped my college applications in the mail the first week of September, and walked straight through the 'Activity Fair' without even stopping...no more high school activities for me, I was going to college! I wish you would have written some of my excuses down, too...I'm sure they were RIDICULOUS! Love you.

    ReplyDelete