|My Grandma is on the left in light pink, and her sister, Liz, is on the right in dark pink.|
Some of my recollections might be a little off, since it's been a while since I've seen Aunt Liz, but here are some things I remember about this spirited woman.
- She gave great hugs, even to my husband who had to double over to get one from her...no one was leaving with out a big hug from Aunt Liz.
- She was up for just about anything! My mom's cousins like to travel to different parts of the country and have all sorts of adventures. I seem to remember a story about all of 'the cousins' and Aunt Liz waiting to catch a train in Chicago, loaded down with bags from the American Girl Dolls store, and just barely escaping a group of shady men who intended to their packages off their hands, if you know what I mean!
- Aunt Liz had a golf cart,(that I'm pretty sure was decorated), that she drove around her little neighborhood in Willernie, MN. Why not?!
- Rarely did I see Aunt Liz without a smile on her face or in her eyes. I believe some people are just born with a sparkle in their eyes, and Aunt Liz was definitely one of them.
- Aunt Liz cherished family, loving others in a way that made you part of her family, no matter what.
- Her laugh was contagious, and always made my heart smile.
There are many others who knew Aunt Liz much better than I did, and to any of you who read this post, I just want to extend my condolences to you and let you know that you are loved even in this time of loss. It's always hard to say goodbye, especially to someone who makes your heart smile.