office expressions.

musings from my experience at the home/office.

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Happy Anniversary!

It's been one year since I started my maiden voyage into the land of blogging as the.home.werker. In some ways, it's hard to believe the time has gone by that fast...but so much has changed!

Now, I am sitting in my comfy office chair at my lovely desk, typing on my relatively new computer...working both cell phone and land line with ease.

Forget those days of card tables, dell computers, and my battle ax nokia-not-so-smart-phone.

My husband and I have gotten into a rhythm of werking from home at the same time. For example, he is currently brewing beer outside while I am multi-tasking away in the home office.

Lexi has also become accustomed to our daily routine, and bravely joins me in the office, whether she's lounging on her bed or sleeping on my feet, her presence is always welcome (as long as she's not snoring during conference calls!). She also enjoys a mid-afternoon break for a walk in the park before the sun sets, a huge perk of werking from home is still being able to soak up some vitamin D in the winter while werking.

Some things that haven't changed much in a year?
My motivation to 'participate in the day' through changing my clothes, showering, and getting ready for the day before sitting down at my desk. I'm still half in my pj's and working on day 2 of no shower...don't worry, we'll take care of that later today. Gross.

I still am able to cook dinner and get some chores done around the house while taking short breaks from werk, although you wouldn't know it by walking in the front door today. Some days are better than others, what can I say?

I still love Pandora and haven't made the switch to Spotify even though I have an account. It's just not that big a deal to me.

I still have a great stack of werk-related books I need to get to, because they are currently serving their purpose as office decor instead of inspirational and self-help knowledge. Oops.

I still have the same basket of samples and projects sitting on top of my desk from my old jobs, and I haven't looked at them in a year. Time to do something about that...

I find this blog to be a nice creative break or release, and I love finding the images that go with each post. Here's to another year of the.home.werker! Thanks for reading along!
Happy Ground Hog's Day!



This lady's outfit just kills me!

No comments:

Post a Comment