office expressions.

musings from my experience at the home/office.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Casa Bonita

After visiting the beacon of West Colfax, AKA, Casa Bonita, Colorado's version of a Mexican Disneyland...I can confidently report a few things:

1) Everyone should go there at least once. There are cliff divers, mariachi bands, dangerous gun fights, and puppet shows. Something for everyone in a completely tacky and overstimulating environment.

2) Because you are required to purchase a meal to get into Casa Bonita, the food is a)overpriced and b)rancid.

Working for an organization that focusses on issues of starvation and poverty, I had to at least try to eat my chicken taco salad that cost me $14.00. Aside from the chicken looking and smelling like catfood (which I didn't touch), I did my best to at least eat the recognizable portion of my meal, i.e. tomatoes, kidney beans, and a little ice berg lettuce. This was Saturday evening, a 'fun' outing with my out of town guests and catching up with my cousin who also lives in Denver. (We definitely made a memory!)

Come 12:30am on Sunday morning, I could be heard pounding through the house, sprinting to reach the toilet, just in the nick of time. I never knew it was possible to get so gut wrenchingly sick from a $14.00 salad. Then again, the sopapilla I might have been a little optimistic in consuming probably didn't help the gut bomb that exploded out of me about every 30 minutes in the wee hours of Sunday morning.

Hello Daylight Savings Time, I'm Jill, and I will definitely not be making it to the 8:30am church service as planned. Ugh.

After about 72 hours of consuming nothing but water and a piece or two of toast, I ventured into the land of solid foods today. A granola bar, more toast, and some oatmeal are about all I can handle..and even now, I'm nauseous just thinking about the words "Casa Bonita" or "Chicken Taco Salad".

Why the post about my weekend wanderings? Well, I thought I'd just let you in on why I have little to talk about in the land of the homewerker today. I have been down for the count, but who knows, maybe tomorrow, I might be able to venture beyond bland carbohydrates!?
My cousin, pretending to take a bite of the 'chicken'.
For any of you who are SouthPark fans, here's an episode about their trip to Casa Bonita: http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s07e11-casa-bonita

No comments:

Post a Comment