office expressions.

musings from my experience at the home/office.

Friday, March 4, 2011

Storm Clouds.

I knew the weather was going to be bad on my drive back from Colorado Springs this afternoon, but man, there sure is nothing like winter weather in March along the Front Range in Colorado. I felt like I was driving under snow cloud #1, snow pellet cloud #2, then freezing rain cloud #3, then damp roads...and the cycle repeated itself until I was about 15 miles from home and there was nothing in front of me but blue sunny skies...and nothing behind me but grey angry clouds.
Leaving Colorado Springs.

Entering Denver...

Thank goodness for Pedro the Laredo, and his sele-trac 4WD. No scary slips or slides for me, just one minor freakout when a semi passed and the backsplash from him blinded me for a good 5-10 seconds. Listen to me, it's like I never lived in MN for 6 years of long winters! Living along the Front Range in Colorado will definitely do that to you!

While the drive home was less than amazing, I made it safe and sound and it was definitely worth the trip. I am about to embark on one of the biggest and highest profile projects I've tackled to date and it's an incredible way to end this week!
 
Now if only those gas prices would go back down...the lowest I've seen today is $3.15, which I guess is pretty good compared to the national average.

No comments:

Post a Comment