office expressions.

musings from my experience at the home/office.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Spring Break

I've got a candle burning, Ray LaMontagne singing, and sun shining through my window. Not a bad start to the werk day! For all of my co.werkers in the upper Midwest, I am truly sorry to hear about the nasty weather pounding down on you today. I am 99% certain we have seen the last of our messy spring snow storms in Denver, but I know I would be huddled under the covers grumbling if I saw a weather forecast of 6-10 inches of freezing rain and snow...hang in there! This will just make everything more green when the sun decides to return for good!

So it's definitely spring break for Jake: We began the morning drinking coffee and debating whether or not the song "Baby I Like It" is sung by Katy Perry or Enrique Iglesias...

While I'm not on spring break, I also realized that I can't remember the last time I checked my Paid Time Off balance for available # of vacation days. As I began to realize this, I came up with a few reasons as to 'why' this might be:
1) I haven't taken a vacation day since Christmas Break, that's over three months ago...but a lot has happened in those three months to prevent me from wanting a mental health day or extended weekend.
2) I am more free to get things done around the house, and that means I'm more free to put down roots in our new community. Denver feels more like 'home' to me than Colorado Springs EVER did, so maybe I just don't have the itch to leave as much.
3) The weather has been gorgeous, so when a lot of people like to fly south for the winter months to escape the frozen tundra...I am eating lunch outside and walking around in shorts and a t-shirt. Not bad!

Maybe this means I'll actually have like 2-3 weeks worth of PTO accrued by the time Jake is free to take a real vacation (post Nursing School). Italy? Ireland? Australia? Instead of consciously saving vacation time, I should probably start saving up some money for our next big adventure.

I think this blog post was a bad idea, I am pretty sure my travel bug just came out of hiding. Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment